Seeking high standards of environmental awareness whilst providing masses of bathroom-based joy.
The Lush Green Policy lays out the commitments Lush has made to environmental issues and reminds us that there is always more we can, and should, do.
Core elements include:
- Keep environmental issues at the heart of the business and take them into account when making decisions.
- Commit to keeping in line with legislation and going beyond it to create new green initiatives.
- Use recycled materials for in-store packaging, printed materials, office paper, and collect black pots from customers for recycling.
- Set a target for recycling rates in the shop and continually work towards it, until one day we hope to reach the dream of Zero Waste.
- Commit to having the best possible recycling service in our stores and offices, and in training staff to implement this.
- Commit to reducing air-freight of products and ingredients and use green transport to distribute it to stores wherever available.
- Choose trains over planes for staff transport.
- Set targets for saving energy. Pledge to use green energy suppliers if available and buy energy-saving equipment.
- Pledge to campaign for environmental issues, empower staff to make a difference and have a thriving programme of Green champions.
Black Pot recycling Scheme
The closed loop
Air travel and Carbon Tax policy
See more of our Lush policies and positions