Everything you need to know about Jelly Bombs

Ever seen a spook, spectre, or ghost? What about a bath bomb which releases jelly? The mad scientists have been hidden in their labs, whipping up jumping jellies for sensationally soft skin.

Your mind is probably wandering back to the gunge tank in 90s TV hit: Get Your Own Back, but Jelly Bombs are far more than a soak in slime…

Jelly Bombs are the next step in the world of ballistics; an ongoing pursuit of extraordinary colours, textures and shapes to surprise and bewilder in the bathtub. A category in their own right, as they bob and fizz Jelly Bombs release a spectacular jelly made from sodium alginate, which comes from a mineral-rich seaweed. Aside from being wonderfully entertaining, this gooey jelly is superbly softening and soothing on the skin.

Product inventor and digital director Jack Constantine explains: ‘I’m always very interested in what we can create in terms of textures and colours in the water. It’s all about creating something that is a bit of a spectacle and is unique whilst retaining benefits to the skin.’

Here's what you can expect from these jaw-dropping Jelly Bombs ready to hit your bath water and break the (jelly) mould.

First up, why not become a professor of Secret Arts? Sink into deep, inky black water and inhale a spellbinding Brazilian orange oil and spicy cinnamon leaf oil mist. As this mystifying Jelly Bomb fizzes it dissolves into a dark jelly which wraps around the skin, conditioning and nourishing it with mineral-rich seaweed and almond essential oil. Conjure up this enchanting soak and perplex witches and wizards with your bathtime sorcery.

If you are struggling to catch some Z’s look to The Big Sleep. It’s crammed with chamomile and lavender and creates a  soothing jelly to moisturise your skin and lull you into deep slumbers. Neroli oil lifts you into floral rapture, while caramel sweet tonka absolute evokes old fashioned sweet shops. This uplifting Jelly Bomb comforts and calms, so you can let go of lingering tensions.

Finally, Turtle is a Jelly Bomb made with our sea dwelling friends in mind. It's packed with hand-harvested sea salt to deeply cleanse and contains strands of agar agar seaweed which mimic the plastic threat our sea turtles face. Scented with earthy cypress and sharp pine, this hydrating Jelly Bomb has an irresistable fragrance, all while raising awareness about plastic polution - what a winning combo!

Work hard? Then play even harder. Choose one of these joyful Jelly Bombs and discover playtime again.

Dark Arts Jelly Bomb

lilykatepacker_6872186

about 2 weeks ago

Would not recommend. I got into the bath after letting the bomb fizz and didn't realise if I got the jelly in my hair it would completely ruin my hair. It took three showers and an hour and a half of brushing my hair as well as having to cut some of it off to solve the issue. This problem or 'risk' is not made clear at all and this is the worst product I have ever had as it caused great issues with my hair that lead to me having to physically remove my hair to remove the problem.

Future_Mrs_T

I actually enjoy these I’ve used 2 and even your black one comes clean off the bath and the jelly fully dissolved so no issues with drains!! Feels good on the skin and again washes off easily!!

mnichols_6794268

would not recommend! i used the turtle one in the bath, and , although it looks pretty on the outside, it is not fun when you get in in your hair! it took me 3 hours in the shower, after a 2 hour bath, to get most of it out! it ended up ruining my hair, so i got it cut off! thanks lush!

Lush Customer Care

Staff

Hi there, this doesn't sound good! If you get in touch with us at [email protected], we can look into this further for you :)

Rivy

The first time I took the jelly bomb it was all broken up jelly and I was disappointed. Then a friend who is a Lush employee told me to hold the jelly bomb under the water and the results were a lot better! Was the whole tub jelly? Of course not. But the top layer was! I’m not sure if I’d rush to get another jelly bomb but it was nice!

ceri.sheppard_6659728

I purchased the big sleep Jelly bomb after a demonstration in the shop. Yes I agree that in the small sink the water felt thicker and more jelly like than when I actually used it in the bath. But I have to say how thoroughly clean and cleansed I felt afterwards. My skin felt soft and cared for. The actual bath water went the most beautiful shade of blue green I have ever seen! There was no problem at all with any plug blocking. The water went down lovely and no issue in cleaning the bath afterwards, no blue stains or anything. I tend to suffer from thrush from many bath products and did not have any reactions to this product. I would recommend, and I will be purchasing again. The bath was very relaxing.

stasnim03_6627982

about 1 year ago

i was going to order this, but after reading the comments which are ALL negative, im not going to get it. its actually funny how no one likes it

laurradora_6635612

about 1 year ago

Would not recommend!!! So I didn’t realise the jelly was supposed to dissolve... it didn’t dissolve and has now blocked the pipes and plug hole. Thanks Lush!

sunshineandcookies.ss_6527220

about 1 year ago

I really would not recommend rushing to buy these. We had a demo of what the jelly feels like in the shop and purchased today. We were really disappointed as in a bath you do not get the same effect. Its just the ratio of water that it is disolved in that makes a difference. In a small bowl of water it really does feel like silky slime, but there is a lot more water in your bath so dont expect the same. I will not be deceived again in to buying this product wish I could get my money back.

about 1 year ago

I saw a demo in store of a jelly bomb with lots of lovely purple jelly floating on top of the water. I purchased a jelly bomb and was really disappointed. It behaved just like an ordinary bath bomb. No jelly in sight. Very disappointed!