Free UK standard delivery over £45 | Pay in 3 with Klarna. Learn more

Fewer products, that give you better results.

When the word “discon” ripples around there’s always a sharp intake of breath as people wonder if their favourite will have its fate sealed. We all have our hero products and stories of heartbreak when something treasured has slipped out of production.

As we look towards a future, lockdown presented an opportunity for Mark Constantine to reflect on the present and try every product again and again to get a better understanding of what we are offering. Backed by The Secret Masterplan there were clear criteria:

• Does it serve customer's needs?
  • Is it number one in its category?

• Is it part of a cosmetic revolution?

12 weeks, 116 days and a lot of 4pm baths later a clear idea was forming, and with review from Lush analysts, there is a list.

There are bound to be some disappointments but far many more opportunities as we make room to create things that are best in their class - fewer products, that give you better results.

We have a dedicated team of product inventors bursting with ideas that will knock your socks off. For sneak peeks and all the BTS action of what’s to come (make sure you check out our inventor's social media profiles) and check out #lushcommunity.

It will take a while before these are all gone, but as always at Lush nothing is often gone forever. The newly launched Kitchen subscription box is not only a monthly delivery of retro favourites and some surprises, but also offers subscribers a chance to vote on the contents, so maybe your favourite will be back sooner than expected.

Bath Bombs -
Aubergine, Ninja, Black Rose, Blue Gardenia Bath Salt Cube, Calavera, Flight, Geode, Golden Slumbers, Goldrush, Honey I Washed The Kids, Kitsune, Lucky Cat, Roar!, Rocket Science, Rose Butterfly, Rose Clay Bath Salt Cube, Royalty, Strawberries and Cream, Tengri, The Olive Branch, Think Pink, Turtle Jelly Bomb, Yuzu & Cocoa.

Bath oils -
Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Angels, Cream, Demons, Double Vitality, Dreamtime Bath Melt, Floating Island, Flowers Barrow, Furze, High Violet, I Want A Pony, Imp-atient, Lets Get It On, Love Is The Way, Magnificent, Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment, One Kiss, Polyamorous, Revelations, Savior, You've Been Mangoed.

Bubbles -
Akaname, Bathos, Candy Bubble Brush, Dirty, Erlenmeyer Flask, Excavation, Gold Finger, Keep it Fluffy, Love, Party Popper, Relax... Take A Bath, Return to Emerald City, Sugar Rush, Stargazer.

Shower -
Naked and Liquid Shower Gels - Almond Blossom.
Shower moisturisers - Argan Dragon.
Shower scrubs - Big Buffy, Easy Peeler, Soya Bran exfoliator.
Shower bombs - Blue Pill, Love, Luck, Meditation shower bomb, Supernatural, Tantric Energy.

Body -
Hands - Frangipani Glove, Salted Coconut Scrub.
Deos & Dusting - Greench solid deo, Gymslip, Princess, Sunflower, The Guv'ner Deo (Pot & Naked).
Lotions - Karma Kream naked and potted, Little pot of Energy, Naked Dream Cream, Naked Pansy, Naked Sleepy, Naked Sympathy For The Skin.
Masks - Oat Mask.
Massage and Shimmer bars - Shimmy Shimmy, Tender Is the Night
Balms - Elbow Grease, Ultra balm, Vegelene Shaving - D'Fluff

Face -
Facial oils - Amazon primer, Banana skin, Dirty Beard Oil.
Cleansers - Baby Face, Griti politi (All Sizes), Like a virgin (All Sizes), Okame.
Masks - Brazened Honey, Cupcake.
Mouth - Whipstick Lip Balm.

Make-up -
All shades of Beyond Foundation Liquid Foundation.
Lipsticks - Banjul, Bissau, Caracus, Chouf, Dubai, Haarlem. Harare, Havana, Jaipur, Kingston, Kwinella, Lahore, Linz, Lulea, Madrid, Manchester, Mandalay, Maun, Milano, Mogadishu, Paris, Porto Alegre, Porto, Pretoria, Sapporo, Tokyo, Tomsk, Windhoek.
Eyeliners - Calico, Ceriths, Coquina, Cowrie, Periwinkle, Tellin.
Glow Sticks - Ibis, Lark, Peacock, Rock Dove, Sunbird. Loose Bronzer - Desert Island.

Oral care -
Mouthwash - Adam's Apple, Chamomile, Golden Pear, Gospels, Happy Pill, Mandarin, Palma Violet, Pangalactic Gargle Blaster, Sleepy Pill, Spritz, Zephyrus.
Toothy tabs - Before Eight, Bubblegum, Frostbite, Happy Pill, Limelight, Mandarin Fireworks, Miles of Smiles, Neem, Oral Pleasure, Supermineral, Supherb, Top Gum.

Hair -
Hot oil treatment - Arabian Brights, Hair Doctor, Hercules, Kinky, Marilyn, New, Yuge.
Conditioner - Black Hole Sun, Jungle, Sugar Daddyo.
Shampoo - Blousey, Curly Wurly, I Love Juicy, No Drought pressed dry shampoo, Petal Head pressed dry shampoo, Trichomania.
Styling - Giants Gel, Hair Custard, On Edge, Millennial, Poseidon, Queen Bee, Sunny Day Detangler, The Invisible Dry Oil, There's Something About Rosemary Magnificent

Soap -
Bingo Star, Birch, Good Day Sunshine, Lemon and McCoconutty, Maypole, Michelle Ma Belle, Milky Bar, Oat Pump, Parsley Porridge, Poppy, Purple Loosestrife, Respect Your Elders, Rock Star, Sexy Peel

decanionatasha_7056993

about 2 days ago

I'm gutted over the bath oils! I really hope you plan to replace with other bath oils and not get rid of that category completely!! Those are my all time favorite and most useful product you have! Its the middle of summer so i can't even stockpile them. So sad and disappointed.

etalien.et_5557261

about 3 days ago

Devestated ultrabalm being discountinued, it was the only thing I ever found to work on my psoraisis, also the main attraction to Lush for me, I would often go in to get it and come out with several impulse buys. Guess I won't be doing that anymore. And salted coconut hand scrub? You have one handscrub and you discontinue it? If you had 3 or 4 fair enough but you only have one so now I'll have to go elsewhere for hand scrub as well. While (as others pointed out) you keep seemingly hundred of lavendar products I like lavendar but if you are getting rid of duplicates or products that are similiar sure cutting down there would be a good start?

JessPeaches

about 4 days ago

Fewer products, that give better results... is that why you are discontinuing loads of new and interesting fragrances to keep 4 lavender bath bombs and 4 lavender bubble bars...

NiceWeatherForDucks

about 5 days ago

I realise sometimes produces have to be discontinued but I’m genuinely heartbroken so many of my favourites will be gone. - milky bar soap - CUPCAKE (surely this is THE iconic Lush face mask? Why Lush, why?!) - jungle conditioner (again this has been a favourite for YEARS- I defy anyone to say anything bad about this conditioner. By far the best one Lush make, the rest are actually rubbish in comparison) - you’ve been mangoed is my Mum’s all time favourite product ever. I think she might cry when I tell her she won’t be able to buy it in store any more As for shaving, d’fluff is the only Lush product that won’t clog up my razor, for several years now my routine has been to exfoliate my legs with salted coconut scrub and then shave with d’fluff. Lush has always gone through weird gimmicky phases (remember that thing where you had to spin a wheel and pick an eyeliner colour based on how you were feeling?) but it works best when it’s just genuine, useful products that work. As such, I won’t be subscribing to a random box full of stuff I might not like coming through the post. I don’t really know what to say... so gutted that nearly all of my favourites are leaving. This has genuinely put such a downer on my day. Please reconsider Lush!! Perhaps a poll of fan favourites where ten on this list could be saved??

[email protected]_2

about 6 days ago

Really disappointed that Sugar daddyO pressed conditioner is going, this has been getting my silvering lockdown hair through to its next appointment in September. The alternative (which is thicker and I also use) comes in a plastic bottle and doesn't last as long. Also no bath oils and my son's favourite bath bombs going too. I can't afford a subscription box, a lush online order is a treat every 2 months for me

about 1 week ago

Another vote for Ultrabalm, I can't believe this is being discontinued!! I have used Ultrabalm for years, it fixes almost everything- cracked knuckles & sore lips in the winter, cracked sore nipples from breastfeeding, baby's cradle cap and dribble rash. I carry a tin of this with me wherever I go, even more so now I have my son. I imagined using it for knee scrapes in years to come. This is the only product of it's kind, so must be best selling in its range??? I can only assume the value for money for customers is no longer financially beneficial for Lush, a little goes a very long way! Watch this space for something twice the price and half as much. Fingers crossed something just as good comes along in the new product launch as I have yet to find a substitute product.

sam_scammell_6720767

about 1 week ago

lots of these are really disappointing losses....I've been converted to a lot of Lush products over the last year and the solid body lotions have been a game changer for my skin and I've had bad uncomfortable skin over lockdown while unable to get it and now won't be able to get it at all? I thought that there was going to be a lot more focus on naked products rather than getting rid of them?

Lush Customer Care

about 1 week ago

Staff

Hi there, if you would like to contact us at [email protected] or pop into your local store, we would be delighted to help you find a suitable alternative. The naked body lotions are being reviewed whilst they are discontinued, we are definitely committed to finding the best unpackaged products to offer you. Thanks - Al

Such a shame. The fact that most of the items you are removing are Naked products is deeply saddening. My faith in you as a sustainable company is fading quickly. Looks very obvious that actually all you are doing is removing items which cost you the most to produce, or aren't giving you as much profit. Just another company who is focusing on money at the expense of the planet. I believe your roots were pure, but now, that purity is lost to greed. RIP the earth. Another hope leaving the battle. :'(

Lush Customer Care

about 1 week ago

Staff

Hi, We are absolutely committed to creating the best naked cosmetics. Reducing the need for packaging it is one of our Core Values and part of the Cosmetic Revolution. If you would like some recommendations for alternative naked items to replace discontinued items, pop into your local Lush store or email us at [email protected] and we would be more than happy to help you.