Fresh without fluoride

Fluoride is a mineral which occurs naturally in some water supplies.

Many of us brush and gargle with local water daily, and, due to localised fluoridation schemes, we drink and bathe in it too. Lush toothy tabs, powders and mouthwashes do not contain fluoride. This is simply to give customers more choice when it comes to finding their perfect dental products.

Freshly made, solid tabs, loose powders and fizzing mouthwashes use cleansing ingredients such as sodium bicarbonate, kaolin or sea salt, as well as menthol crystals, peppermint and Sicilian lemon oils to leave your mouth feeling refreshed. Combine these inventive tabs, powders and mouthwashes with a healthy diet and good oral hygiene (that includes flossing, folks) to keep your mouth feeling fresh.

Lush mouthwash tabs can be used to refresh the breath in combination with a fluoride toothpaste if you choose. We would recommend waiting 20 minutes after cleaning with fluoride toothpaste before using a solid mouthwash. This is the recommended length of time, which should be left between cleaning the teeth and swilling with water or mouthwash. If you are using Lush toothy tabs or powders (which do not contain fluoride), you can use the mouthwash tabs straight away.

claraslade98_6978661

about 1 week ago

I know everyone is upset with the fluoride free products but I am very glad you guys have fluoride free. I have a skin condition (diagnosed by a dermatologist) flair ups can be trigger by fluoride in toothpaste. Flair-ups that take months to clear back up. Thank you for having this as an option

about 2 weeks ago

This fluoride-free-nonsense is exactly the reason why I avoid Lush' denrltal products. I really would like to use them, but definitely not, if they don't contain fluoride. As Elina correctly said: anti-fluoride-foil-hat-movement.

Elina.vikdahl

about 2 weeks ago

I defenitely agree with the people in the comments. Lush could make 1-2 flouride free dental product, instead of a whole range most people will not be interested in using. The anti flouride foil hat movement is very hurtful and I see people brush their kids teeth with stuff like coconut oil due to this consperacy against floride... :(

isabellemflynn92_6896564

about 3 weeks ago

Just throwing my hat in the ring with all the others to ask for a version of this with flouride. So many people in the ethical product industry peddle 'no flouride' toothpaste as some kind of better, non-toxic option when flouride is literally the main thing cleaning your teeth and is a naturally occuring utterly harmless mineral. It makes trying to find a better packaged more sustainable toothpaste option a real pain. Really appreciate you taking on board the comments from everyone.

lfm.peet_6604744

about 3 weeks ago

I would really like there to be a flouride option, as it's hard to find more eco-friendly toothpastes with it.

about 1 month ago

I would love a range containing fluoride. There are not enough plastic free toothpastes that contain fluoride available. I want to reduce my plastic usage but I also want healthy teeth

Lush Customer Care

about 1 month ago

Staff

We offer fluoride free tooth products to give a choice & alternative to others available, but we will log the suggestion for you!

megandale937_6964570

about 1 month ago

Lush - PLEASE can you offer a selection of these with fluoride?? I really wanted to buy Boom and Crème de Menthe (trialled them and loved them) but then found out they don’t contain fluoride :( I almost exclusively only use Lush products as I LOVE the quality/company values, but won’t be buying this until it contains fluoride as recommended by dentists.. it’s such a shame!

miriam_duncan_6941288

I’m really disappointed in this. Only a few areas in the UK fluoridate their water and it’s absolutly key to good dental health. I actually had a member of staff tell me in store today that our water contains fluoride (when it doesn’t) and it’s hugely worrying that he may have told other customers this and their dental health may be negatively affected. Come on lush - I love your stuff and really want to reduce my plastic. But less fluoride = poorer dental health = more dental treatment = more single use plastic at the dentist. Please make fluoridated options and give accurate local advice in stores.

Lush Customer Care

Staff

Thank you for your comment. Please can you let me know which store this happened in and I will pass this on to the store manager. You may find this article interesting - https://uk.lush.com/article/fresh-without-fluoride-0. We like to give customers flouride-free options, as there are so many flouride options available elsewhere. Thanks, Laura