Fresh without fluoride

Fluoride is a mineral which occurs naturally in some water supplies.

Many of us brush and gargle with local water daily, and, due to localised fluoridation schemes, we drink and bathe in it too. Lush toothy tabs, powders and mouthwashes do not contain fluoride. This is simply to give customers more choice when it comes to finding their perfect dental products.

Freshly made, solid tabs, loose powders and fizzing mouthwashes use cleansing ingredients such as sodium bicarbonate, kaolin or sea salt, as well as menthol crystals, peppermint and Sicilian lemon oils to leave your mouth feeling refreshed. Combine these inventive tabs, powders and mouthwashes with a healthy diet and good oral hygiene (that includes flossing, folks) to keep your mouth feeling fresh.

Lush mouthwash tabs can be used to refresh the breath in combination with a fluoride toothpaste if you choose. We would recommend waiting 20 minutes after cleaning with fluoride toothpaste before using a solid mouthwash. This is the recommended length of time, which should be left between cleaning the teeth and swilling with water or mouthwash. If you are using Lush toothy tabs or powders (which do not contain fluoride), you can use the mouthwash tabs straight away.

about 3 weeks ago

I'm looking for a solid toothpaste product without the unrecyclable plastic tube. I want a product containing fluoride and Lush limits my choice by not providing the option. Brushing and then spitting a fluoride tooth care product prevents is safe. If I have to source fluoride drops then I add plastic to the dental care waste stream, not reduce it, irrespective of whether it's recyclable or not.

about 1 month ago

Only supplying these without Fluorine is NOT offering us a choice. It’s a bit anti-science and chemical phobic to be honest and not what I hope for from Lush. Great on plastic free but I would only buy a fluoride version. NO reason not to have it in there. Ask any dentist!

cprior95_6852809

about 1 week ago

I agree, fluoride should definitely be added! Its common sense.

hie baby

about 1 month ago

have you even researched into what fluoride does to you?

shenofthunder_6900554

Honestly, this would be perfect for travel. But given how sensitive my teeth are and how my dentist can't seem to stress fluoride enough for me. (Seriously shes put me on prescription grade fluoride toothpaste) Unfortunately unless LUSH makes a fluoride version I won't be able to purchase.

sly_22_6899764

Just found out about lushes fluoride tablets and was exited to try them. Unfortunetly as a dental nurse I know how much fluoride benifits our teeth and where I live there is no fluoride in our water supply. Hopefully lush will take out a range containing fluoride as this is something I would definitely use!

lea.togotzes_6898655

Agree with previous comments. Definitely need a flouridated version. Flouride protects your teeth and the water where I live is not flouridated. Will not buy these unless flouridated

Really pleased lush is doing a flouride free range, fantastic! I have not used flouride for years and never will (teeth are perfect) thankyou lush!

daffyduck1090_6852661

I really wanted to get these, then I realised there was no fluoride. The vast majority of drinking water here in Scotland isn't fluorinated, and the best protection for teeth is given by topical application anyway. We need fluoride in toothpaste! If you want to give people the choice, maybe make some with fluoride as well as some without.

HolSom

A majority of dentists recommend using a fluoride-containing toothpaste every day, very disappointed LUSH has decided to develop a new range of products without it. Luckily I have been able to find some fluoride containing alternatives online.