Draping is a technique which uses colour to give the face structure. This is a beautiful way to subtly shape the face, leaving the skin looking as if it’s glowing from the inside out and using two shades for this technique works like a dream. Robin and Ibis work well for this look, and Robin’s dusky pink tones can be played up for a coral pop.
1. Swipe just under the cheekbones with a deeper shade for a contoured effect.
2. Glide over the high points of the cheekbones with a brighter, illuminating shade to graduate colour.
3. Wrap from the temple to the corner of the outer eye in a half-moon shape for a little added drama. Using a big fluffy brush will ensure you blend seamlessly.
4. If you want to add extra dimension, bring down onto the tip of the chin and down the centre of the neck and décolletage.
Et voila! You’re flushed and fierce, ready to take on anything the day brings.
Holographic highlighting is a quick way to nail ethereal chic and combining Glow Sticks is key. Colour-popping shades like Rock Dove make a great base. Layering lighter shimmery shades like Peacock - a fanfare of green sparkle that dazzles in the light - over the top will leave you looking otherworldly every time your skin catches the light.
1. Layer your chosen shade directly over the skin to leave an opaque finish. Blend and repeat; you want to get a solid block of colour at the base.
2. Pay particular attention to the highest points of the face that will reflect the light the most: the browbones, the top of the cheekbones, the tip of the nose.
3. Dab a lighter shimmery shade over the top with your finger or a blending sponge. You’ll stand out in whatever light you’re in as the iridescent effect of this look takes on a life of its own.
Perfecting glass skin - smooth, translucent-looking skin with an almost diaphanous sheen to it - starts with the base. Using a hydrating moisturiser like Celestial to freshly cleansed skin will give you a great base to apply your foundation and highlighter, and Ibis or Lark make great options for this look:
1. Let your moisturiser sink in, (find your perfect hydration fix here).
2. Put on your favourite dewy foundation (try Lush Slap Sticks for a radiant finish), and buff in to create a glowing second skin.
3. Warm a little of your chosen Glow Stick between your fingers and apply to the back of your hand, which works wonders as a palette.
4. Blend with a small buffing brush to the highest points of your face, such as the tops of your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, your temples and your cupid's bow.
Creativity knows no bounds and you can decide where and how you want to show your glow. If you’re looking for a products that you can play with and that always pay off, if you love to experiment and accentuate your angles, Glow Sticks have got your back.