Free UK standard delivery over £45 | Pay in 3 with Klarna. Learn more

Naked shower gel? Don't you mean soap?

“Naked shower gel, whatever next!”

Don’t worry, we know exactly what you’re thinking...

“Naked shower gel… Isn’t that just soap?”

Nope, this isn’t a brand new industry buzzword. Naked shower gels work in exactly the same way as their liquid counterparts. However, instead of finding a plastic free packaging alternative, you’ll find this innovation without any packaging at all!

At first glance they might look the same as some of the soaps you’ve grown to love over the years but naked shower gels don’t contain any soap base, they instead share most of the same ingredients as liquid shower gel, and infact are double the concentrate, so you get more bang for your buck with this solid shower gel alternative.

“Why make it naked?”

You don’t have to be living a packaging free lifestyle to get into a cubicle with a naked shower gel. Creating a naked product not only saves on packaging, it also makes your shower gels more convenient to travel with. No liquid allowances to worry about and less wasted product down your plug hole.

In 2016, we sold over 5 million bottles of shower gel, if just half of the customers who purchased these bottles switched to naked shower gels, we could save approximately 2.6 million bottles from ending up in landfill. That's something worth getting naked for.

“Still sounds like soap to me, what ingredients make it different?”

Soap can be made using a variety of different ingredients as a soap base. You’ll find a mixture of rapeseed and coconut oil in the majority of Lush soaps as well as argan oil and olive oil in the gourmet soap range.

Naked shower gels aren’t made using a soap base, in fact they contain most of the same ingredients as their packaged versions with only a few ingredients that are different.

The ingredient that makes them solid is sodium stearate. We use this ingredient in our naked deodorants as well and it thickens and helps harden the mix, eliminating the need for packaging. Propylene glycol has also been added to the naked shower gel formula, a humectant that will help to attract and retain moisture in the skin. It also reduces bacteria growth and has been added to make the naked shower gels self-preserving.

“Is it going to work the same as my regular shower gel?”

You bet! Naked shower gels give you the same powerful fragrance and lathering experience that you’re used to from your packaged products.

They are double the concentrate of liquid shower gels and therefore last twice as long, making them more economical but there’s no bottle to deal with. So you can wave goodbye to unnecessary shower fumbling and no longer have to look on in horror as you accidentally squeeze too much of your favourite shower gel down the drain.

Once you've lathered up and are feeling clean and refreshed, simply pop it on the side to dry out and use next time.

“If these naked shower gels are so great, why are there still packaged ones?”

We are firm believers in being able to offer our customers a choice and letting them pick the product that best suits and benefits them. Having naked shower gels complimenting the range of packaged versions available means that you can make a choice over which type works best for you.

So whether you’re taking a trip around the world and want something you can throw in your in-flight bag or you want to try something new to spice up your routine, the choice to go naked has never been easier.

about 2 weeks ago

Really disappointed to come online to buy naked shower gels and find there are none available. These are by far my favourite products of yours. Please stock up soon!

about 3 weeks ago

Whaaat!?? No naked shower gels?? These gels are lovely in their own right, but the best thing for me was that I wasn't throwing out tonnes of plastic! Please bring naked shower gel back!

about 4 weeks ago

Came online to stock up on some specific products, including solid shower gel. So disappointed to find none available at all. Use Lush for packaging-free products specifically so I am really disappointed - will be buying a bog-standard shower gel in a plastic bottle from the supermarket now - not good :-(

js_7139037

about 1 month ago

I was given a Lush gift box by son for my birthday and it had American Dream naked shower gel along with bar shampoo, conditioner and a scrubee. They are all lovely. I came online to order more naked shower gel and THEY HAVE ALL GONE. I've tried the soaps, but they are not quite so lovely. I want to use less plastic and Lush is brilliant for that, but not when you can't get the products. Please Lush, if you are going to reformulate, can you get the new stock in before the old stock completely disappears?

alex.kind_7230110

about 1 month ago

Really sad these are gone. Plastic-free products are the reason I shop at Lush and I'm running out of naked shower gel. Any ETA on the reformulated ones?

about 1 month ago

Yes, I am really disappointed you've stopped selling these. Loved every solid shower bar I tried, got a big old soap dish to keep them in, and now I come on line to re-stock and they're all gone. Soap is not the same.

about 1 month ago

I loved the Rose Solid Bar, it fragranced the entire apartment when I took it Turkey on holiday! Now discover that all solid bars are gone! Why? A lot of your customers will be looking elsewhere if these are restocked, that includes 2 of my friends.

Lush Customer Care

about 1 month ago

Staff

Hi there! Glad to hear you are a fan of our Rose Jam naked shower gel, these have been removed temporarily while we reformulate. Hopefully, you will like our new bars once they return!

shellajack71_7219732

about 1 month ago

I'm so disappointed. I logged in to stock up for the new school year and this product is gone!?! These slip perfectly into my body scrub bag and lather up. No other product here seems to fit the bag or lather well enough to use that way. :(

BarbG

about 1 month ago

I’m so disappointed. I went to buy these at my local shop only to be told that they were only available online. Now I discover that they’ve gone altogether. I loved the naked gels and had no problems with them at all. All you need to do is use a soap dish and I’d bought one especially for my gels. They leave your skin feeling so soft unlike soap which just dries it. I’ll have to look elsewhere as I really don’t want to go back to bottles.