Free UK standard delivery with orders over £45 learn more | Pay Later in 3 with Klarna learn more

Naked shower gel? Don't you mean soap?

“Naked shower gel, whatever next!”

Don’t worry, we know exactly what you’re thinking...

“Naked shower gel… Isn’t that just soap?”

Nope, this isn’t a brand new industry buzzword. Naked shower gels work in exactly the same way as their liquid counterparts. However, instead of finding a plastic free packaging alternative, you’ll find this innovation without any packaging at all!

At first glance they might look the same as some of the soaps you’ve grown to love over the years but naked shower gels don’t contain any soap base, they instead share most of the same ingredients as liquid shower gel, and infact are double the concentrate, so you get more bang for your buck with this solid shower gel alternative.

“Why make it naked?”

You don’t have to be living a packaging free lifestyle to get into a cubicle with a naked shower gel. Creating a naked product not only saves on packaging, it also makes your shower gels more convenient to travel with. No liquid allowances to worry about and less wasted product down your plug hole.

In 2016, we sold over 5 million bottles of shower gel, if just half of the customers who purchased these bottles switched to naked shower gels, we could save approximately 2.6 million bottles from ending up in landfill. That's something worth getting naked for.

“Still sounds like soap to me, what ingredients make it different?”

Soap can be made using a variety of different ingredients as a soap base. You’ll find a mixture of rapeseed and coconut oil in the majority of Lush soaps as well as argan oil and olive oil in the gourmet soap range.

Naked shower gels aren’t made using a soap base, in fact they contain most of the same ingredients as their packaged versions with only a few ingredients that are different.

The ingredient that makes them solid is sodium stearate. We use this ingredient in our naked deodorants as well and it thickens and helps harden the mix, eliminating the need for packaging. Propylene glycol has also been added to the naked shower gel formula, a humectant that will help to attract and retain moisture in the skin. It also reduces bacteria growth and has been added to make the naked shower gels self-preserving.

“Is it going to work the same as my regular shower gel?”

You bet! Naked shower gels give you the same powerful fragrance and lathering experience that you’re used to from your packaged products.

They are double the concentrate of liquid shower gels and therefore last twice as long, making them more economical but there’s no bottle to deal with. So you can wave goodbye to unnecessary shower fumbling and no longer have to look on in horror as you accidentally squeeze too much of your favourite shower gel down the drain.

Once you've lathered up and are feeling clean and refreshed, simply pop it on the side to dry out and use next time.

“If these naked shower gels are so great, why are there still packaged ones?”

We are firm believers in being able to offer our customers a choice and letting them pick the product that best suits and benefits them. Having naked shower gels complimenting the range of packaged versions available means that you can make a choice over which type works best for you.

So whether you’re taking a trip around the world and want something you can throw in your in-flight bag or you want to try something new to spice up your routine, the choice to go naked has never been easier.

magsandmat_6908888

about 1 month ago

I loved these products too - so good to have a plastic-free shower product as I don't find the soaps are moisturising enough. Please bring them back!

hendrick76_7536634

about 1 month ago

desperately awaiting the new naked shower gel range.......i hate having to get it in a plastic bottle again

strange_individual_7183069

Finally found the perfect plastic free shower gel solution, fell in love with these, now they've disappeared from the side D-: Like everyone else in these comments I would LOVE for you to bring these back!

RhonaRoo

By the Goddess, bring these back! There hasn't been anything else and we've basically had to go back to store-bought shower gels in "recyclable" plastic bottles because all other solid shower bars are actually just SOAP. PLEASE restock these!

Like others on this thread I am desperately waiting for the New naked shower products, I am managing with tiny scraps but things are getting pretty serious. I echo the feelings that once you've experienced the lushness of the Lush product, there is nothing that comes near to replacing it. Things are getting desperate - so mI so hope the new version is close! Please, pretty please ...

caedmonds66_7228052

Please bring your naked shower gels back. I have spent pounds trying to find an alternative, they are never as good and nowhere near the same smells. If they are not coming back then I will have to sadly accept this but with so many loyal customers asking for its return, it would be such a shame :(

What annoys me most is that I got used to using plastic-free products and depended on Lush to be able to buy these. I assume the people who didn’t know how to use them complained one too many times so they were withdrawn. I used them for a long time and found them to be excellent. I bought a soap dish with an insert to dry it off between uses. I fixed it high in my shower so it didn’t get wet. It was perfect. It’s about time there was an update if they really are developing new ones...

Please, please, please bring these back!!!

dibble.roberts_6986369

Oh yes pleease! We NEED naked shower gels back!

simonagesheva98_7148682

Has it been three months? Or six? I have truly lost count. Going through life without the Lush naked shower gels has been like endless wandering around in the dessert searching for water. And they expect me to use soap instead... As if I could ever revert back to soap after tasting true happiness... If anyone at all is left on this platform and is listening to my desperate pleas... My skin is screaming! My shower is not what it used to be! Please bring them back! It was my one and only joy in this cruel world!!! I await patiently in my bunker for 2021 and Lush naked shower gels to arrive.